Cornerways is a six bedroom guest house situated just off the A390 on the outskirts of the town centre. The house was built in 1939
and still offers some of the original features including a large stained glass window at the top of the first floor landing and the wooden panelled dining room.
All bedrooms are situated on the first floor and we are now able to meet the needs of partially disabled guests as we have a chairlift
fitted to aid people that cannot navigate the stairs as easily.
- We are located off the main road leaving St Austell in the direction of Newquay and Truro, the road is known locally as “the by-pass.”
When you reach the Y junction which has directions for Truro on the left and Newquay on the right, take the Newquay road, the gates to Cornerways are immediately on your right hand side.
- The railway/bus station is approximately 15 minutes walk away. Taxis are usually available at the station, but we can book one for
you in advance if required.
- There is a bus stop a few yards away from Cornerways with a regular local service.
- Menus can be provided in large print if required. We regret we do not have facilities to prepare documents in Braille.
Arrival and Car Parking
- Please advise us of your anticipated arrival time so that we can be sure we are here to welcome you.
- To ensure that your accommodation is ready we ask that guests do not normally arrive before 2.30pm. Earlier arrival may, however
be possible by arrangement.
- We have a large private car park.
- We offer assistance with luggage.
- There is one small step into a pillared porch before you reach the front door, with one step into the hall/reception area, however this
is now covered with an access ramp.
- The front door is normally locked, so please ring the door bell on your arrival.
- Guests are asked to sign in, and are then shown to their rooms. We are more than happy to help you carry your luggage to your
To reach the bedrooms you go up an extra wide staircase with twelve steps leading on to a small landing with the stained glass window,
then another four steps to the main landing where the bedrooms are located. Guests are also able to use our newly fitted chairlift instead of navigating the stairs.
All bedrooms are carpeted throughout and decorated in neutral colours. The large windows give a light and airy ambiance. There
are tea and coffee making facilities available in all rooms.
The en-suite shower rooms include a toilet and sink, one en-suite is a 'wet room' and a separate toilet is located on the landing and one
on the ground floor under the stairs.
Breakfast is served in the dinning room.
The dining room is wood panelled and is an original feature.
Guests are welcome to use the dinning room if food is brought in, please contact the manager on duty.
We have a shaded gravelled area across from the front door with tables and chairs for guests to sit and relax. There is also a
lawned garden to the rear of the house.
- All rooms need to be vacated by 10:00am on the morning of departure.
- Cornerways is a strictly non smoking establishment.
- Fire extinguishers are located in the entrance hall and at the top of the stairs to the right.
- Our fire alarm has been recently upgraded to a control panel system that allows us in the case of an emergency to detect a fire source
- In the event of a fire the alarm will sound, please advise us upon check in if you have a hearing impairment and might not hear this. All
guests should evacuate the building as quickly and safely as possible, by going down the main staircase and out the main door. If this is not possible then leave by going through the kitchen and out
the back of the property. All guests should go to the assembly point at the entrance to the car park where a check will be made to ensure everyone is accounted for.
- There are a number of different taxis telephone numbers in the reception area. We would be happy to book one in advance for you if
- There is a bell located in the reception area to request the attention of the manager in an emergency or you can call 07712 877645 at any
- We are happy to refrigerate any medication. We can also keep any perishables (such as clotted cream) in our fridge for a limited
period of time.
- An Ironing board, iron and hairdryer are available for guest use.